Monday, January 30, 2012

The last outfit

What do you dress your baby in when he is going to be laying in a casket?

I wasn't satisfied with any of the outfits he already had, so my sister and her husband took me shopping to get the cutest outfit we could find. We looked in a few stores, but I couldn't find anything I liked. Our last stop was at Burlington Coat Factory, it was there that I realized I wasn't going to find the cutest outfit, nothing looks good on a dead baby!

I grabbed the first thing that caught my eye, grey corduroy overalls with a puppy on the front and a blue shirt. I handed it to my sister and asked her to buy it, then burst into tears and ran out to the car.

We stopped at my house on the way back to my parents because I wanted to get some of his favorite toys and a prayer shawl I received while he was in the NICU. I have a feeling the funeral home couldn't bury the toys with Aiden, but I really don't want to know. I prefer to believe he took his toys to heaven.