Monday, January 30, 2012

The funeral

My father has always been the man you can depend on to step up and take charge. He made all of the funeral arrangements, for which I am grateful, I don't think I could have done any of it myself.

To be honest, I don't remember much from the funeral. There was a lot of sobbing, a lot of hugging and a lot of people. I was hysterical and a complete wreck, and I am sure I embarrassed myself, but I really couldn't care less.

What I do remember though are the friends and family we didn't see that day. If you were at the funeral, thank you, you have no idea how much your presence meant to me. Every once in a while I will look through the book you signed at the funeral home and knowing you cared enough to come is comforting.


Reverend Daniel Ling, from the church I attended as a child officiated, which was very kind of him since I hadn't been to church in years and he had never met me. Burial was in Vestal Hills in a plot owned by my husbands family. I agreed to this site based on the fact that I was offered a plot next to Aiden, also owned by the family. I never heard another word about my plot after the funeral, and at this point it is doubtful i will be buried next to my son.